Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Sands of Time

On Old Year's Night 2006, I sat in my friend's house and watched all my guy friends have a go at one game until 3 a.m. New Year's Day 2007: Prince of Persia - The Sands of Time.

Not once did I pick up a controller and attempt to play it myself but, surely, it was interesting to watch. I distinctly remember watching as my friend, Mark, was about to die he would do something that turned back time and engulfed the character in sand. I found it an interesting thing to do...mainly because he did it so often. It was an entertaining morning.

A memory hidden away in the back of my mind, this came back to me last night after I watched the movie Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. A movie I found to be rather enjoyable but not so enjoyable that I would purchase the DVD to watch time and time again. It was a one-time-watch sort of movie for me and I wouldn't mind watching it again but paying to do so once is enough.


Admittedly, I haven't seen very many of Jake Gyllanhaal's movies but the few that I have, I've enjoyed and Prince of Persia is no exception. After all, how many girls could deny the stunningly hot bod that Jake built and toned in this movie? It was a relatively good movie, regardless.

As one who knows little of the game itself, I wonder how this movie turned out for the big fans of the game. I'll have to ask my friends after they've given it a watch. Hm. In fact, they may be very well upset that I watched it without them.

No comments: