Thursday, February 18, 2010

Falling into past failures

I saw this beautiful sunset just a few days ago

I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't fall back into my old habits of not studying. I did pretty well for the first couple of weeks into the semester. Then last week, we had a guest spontaneously decide to visit.

I had already begun slipping by the time I heard about the sudden arrival so her presence certainly did not help me any. As a result of this visit, I haven't had the time or energy to study for the past week. Sure, I saw a lovely sunset and had some fun, but I've fallen so far behind that I feel as if I'm in the danger zone. In just one week.

Of course, it doesn't sound like I should be so far behind, does it? After all, it's only been 6 days really. But when we have 9 credit courses and I realised that I made about 30 pages of notes in just a few days of classes for just one part of one course and have about 5 chapters to read for another part of the same course for which I have an exam next week...it's very easy to physically see the danger of failing ahead of me. And I can't afford to fail anything.

I sure hope I can pull myself back together and catch up with the work. I know what needs to be done.

In happier news, I've got a cute new addition to my stuffed animal family. =] I have yet to name him.

Isn't he adorable?

No comments: