Sunday, January 9, 2011

Out of the classrooms and into the clinics

The time has come for me to step out of the comfort shoes I've worn for years into newer, less comfortable ones...from the comforts of classroom teaching to the mesh of real-life learning. This semester marks the transition into a new book of my life: real-life medicine. It's not all about grades and textbooks anymore. It's about what you know and your work ethic.

I'm terrified of what's to come. I know what to expect but at the same time, I don't. I'm slightly overwhelmed at the prospect of what's to come and slightly excited. There's so much to learn. The old study habits now have to go away, for good this time. If I intend to be the doctor I want to be, there's no room for bad study habits. I've walked this far now, there's no turning back.

Naturally, this calls for quite a bit of prioritising and sacrificing. I've done this already so I'm not so far behind. It's time to put these goals into practice. Once successful, Facebook should become obsolete and Twitter should be rarely visited. I'll still be around, just not quite like before. Computer time should generally be reduced and I've virtually already cut off instant messaging unless the need arises for its use. Things are gonna be a bit different with the way I'm schooled now as move into the clinical years of medical school and my lifestyle needs to be adjusted accordingly.

Of course, I'd never give up my complementary & alternative health blog for as long as I can help it! I'm going to try posting every 4 days, if possible. So, be sure to keep up there. Natural medicine is my passion, I couldn't possibly give up on the source that keeps me searching for new information in the field as I prepare myself for a degree in naturopathic medicine (most preferably at Bastyr University!). Blogging is a fun temporary escape from the throws of life so I'll still be posting here as well! =)

The chains of habit are generally too small to be felt until they are too strong to be broken. ~ Samuel Johnson

1 comment:

Mario said...

I bet u're doing fine :D