Sunday, January 25, 2009

Entering the Year of the Ox


It's Chinese New Year! And I wish all the best for all other Chinese people around the world =]

The year of the Rat has passed. A year in which many things have happened...both good and bad. And we can only hope for the best for the Chinese lunar new year...the year of the Ox.

I don't normally do anything special on New Year's Eve. My Mum doesn't cook anything special and we don't decorate either. We aren't allowed to eat meat on New Year's day, which is perfectly fine with me since I'm not a big meat eater anyways =] Normally we'll sit and watch the CCTV Spring Festival Gala live on New Year's Eve. It starts at 8 p.m. (China time) and continues till 1 a.m.

The Spring Festival Gala is always really interesting to watch. They have a number of performances from singing and dancing to comedy sketches and crosstalks. They don't translate the sketches and crosstalks but sometimes they're just funny to watch =D

Of course, my Mum and I called our family in Hong Kong and I spoke to my Grandmother wishing her a Happy New Year and my wishes for good health =] She has quite a few ailments to deal with so I hope she gets better...

1 comment:

Mario said...

It's always delightful to learn some chinese culture. I also like greek and would like to learn some Jap as well. French is somewhere in there as well.