Thursday, June 18, 2009

Life, Love & Dreams

I've been taking my time reading this amazing book, entitled "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho. I had heard so much about it in various places and through various people. The basic gist of it all was this "It's a wonderful book. It's truly inspiring."

I just had to read the book for myself but I couldn't remember seeing it in the bookstore here before. One random day, I decided to browse the bookstore and see what was around and I found one single copy of The Alchemist. Unfortunately, at the time I didn't have much money on me so I couldn't make the purchase. Of course, I returned just hours later, to buy it.

It didn't cost too much and it was smaller than I expected, having less than 200 pages. If I had the time, I could finish the book in just a few hours. Instead, I chose to take my time reading it whenever I could find the time between classes, work and other responsibilities.

So far, I have been really enjoying it. I can understand why people love this book so much and why it's sold so well. It truly is inspiring.

For anyone who hasn't read it, read it! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

A book about life and love and dreams. It's definitely one of my favourites.

1 comment:

Mario said...

I often have to take my time if i'm going to read anything as well. It really takes alot of out me to read too. Not all the time tho, it depends on what i'm reading.