Monday, June 29, 2009

Pianist's Keys

I've recently discovered how I like things that are black and white. Without realising it, the Giant Panda has become my favourite animal and the piano has always been my favourite instrument. I've always had the desire to learn how to play it but I was never able to find the time. So instead, I'm quite content with listening to others with the blessed talent play it.

I was listening to the Chinese pianist Lang Lang play the other day and, while I was half-asleep, ended up writing a rather short poem about it. I'm not even sure if it makes much sense, having been half-asleep and all, but I don't particularly like to change my poems once they've been completed. And I'm so nice, that I'll be more than happy to share it with those who would like to take a glimpse at it. =] Do tell me if you like it ^.^

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Pianist's Keys
Written, of course, by the one and only: Miori

The tunes of your solo
Capture every breath I take.
I'm never more aware of my own heartbeat
As it hums the melody you produce.
Harsh and delicate,
Grave and cheerful,
Black and white,
My soul yearns to sing with you.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

1 comment:

Mario said...

short and sweet to be quite honest. I assume u like to sing as well.