Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Little Ones

I don't want to sound mean or anything, but sometimes I just don't like children. Quite seriously. They can ruin some rather fun experiences. Like watching movies. Ugh...children in a movie theatre >.<

I love children actually...but it's really hard when you've got like 50 of them all over the place making noise! I went to watch Up last Saturday (which was quite nice, but would've been nicer in 3D) and, of course, there were children all over the place. At one point there was this boy screaming "Mummy! Mummy! Mummy! Mummy!" non-stop. It was so distracting. There I was sitting quietly with my friends trying to enjoy the movie and there are children screaming things all over the place while their parents are making loud "shush"ing sounds, telling the little ones to be quiet. Of course, they didn't listen.

Comparing that experience to being at the drive in while it's teeming with children is a little hard. I guess, if you think about it, the drive in isn't as bad since you're not in a small boxed in room with them. On the other hand, they have the freedom to run wild like the little hyperactive creatures they are. Running between cars, climbing in and out of windows, climbing up onto the roofs of their pick ups and SUVs (getting in the way of the screen).

It's not fun for other people sitting in their vehicles who aren't comfortable having children run all over the place and are just trying to enjoy the movie! =(

I probably just sound selfish and hateful towards children. I hope not. I love children...but not >50 uncontrollable ones at a time.

2 comments:

*~Neesh~* said...

HAHAHAHHA!!! Love this entry Amy. U should hve glared at the kids closest to u, and muttered "ima git u" and narrow in ur eyes, works everytime... dont ask me how I know loll jk jk.. i was tempted to do tht when I was on a flight from here to England, the kids were ridiculous and just would not shut up, i felt like yelling to the parents to control their children!...to make matters worst, two of the kids barrelled right into my legs when i was coming back to my seat on the plane, and they thought it was funny... whyyy i oughtaaa... but no no, dont get me wrong, i love kids...mostly when they r asleep or well behaved lol =]

Mario said...

Yah i like children but i believe they should be very well controlled but their parents. Children who fail to show discipline, i'd have to problem neglecting them to teach them a lesson in behaviour. But that's just me.