Friday, January 8, 2010

Minimi

Nokia N97 Mini

This! This is my new piece of equipment. New to me in every way. And I love it.

Not only is it fresh from the factory and new to my hands, it's also the first Nokia device I've owned. It's the first touchscreen smartphone I've operated. The first "garnet" coloured mobile phone that I call mine.

New to Nokia, as well as the Symbian S60 5th edition OS, I've been getting accustomed to the interface. There are still things, probably many things, that I have yet to discover on it but that's ok. Why? Because I like making new discoveries on new electronic devices. Makes me happy every time I find out. Which is why I never read instruction manuals unless I get desperate and impatient.

It's a lovely piece of equipment. The way it slides up to reveal its full QWERTY keyboard. The way the keys feel as my fingers glide over them while typing. The simplicity of the home screen. The surprisingly high quality of the images it captures whether by still or video. It's lovely.

Many features, many technicalities to adjust to. The OVI store may not be the greatest right now but it's building it's way up.

Lots to look forward to.

And by the way, I named it Minimi.

4 comments:

Ally-Cat said...

You named your phone? Sweet!

Amy said...

Haha yep! First time I named a phone! Just like I named my laptop =D

Tamara said...

if u get tired of being in med school u could work as a marketer lol. Cant wait to play new phone..which will be tomorrow anyway :)

Amy said...

Nah. That kind of thinking doesn't flow with me as easily. =P I'll stick with Medicine...regardless =D