Sunday, July 26, 2009

Fun Times

Yesterday morning I went to Town to meet up with a couple of my friends. One of them was leaving to go home to St. Vincent for the month before the next semester starts, so we were meeting up before he made his way. My other friend chose Bridgetown as our meeting venue, just to walk around and stuff. As far as I'm concerned, there's little to do there.

I actually don't like town very much. Not to mention, we went on a Saturday so there were a lot of people around. It was hot, as one would expect. But I'll admit, it wasn't as hot as it normally is (not in the morning anyway) so I was thankful for that much at least =D I tend to do my best to avoid going to town, since I can get just about everything I need outside of it (thankfully!)

Town is usually boring, hot, crowded and small...and there's absolutely nothing I like about it. But I decided to go anyway and I actually enjoyed myself! The three of us spent a good set of our time in Italia Coffee House poking fun at each other and sipping down Frescante Espressos!

Across the street from Italia Coffee House

We were looking at this building and thinking that it was weird cuz the railing said "Barbados Mutual Life Assurance Society". Something no one would've noticed unless they were sitting down and staring at it...like us. One corner of the building, also inconspicuously written, was something about the building being around from 1840...I think. Yet the little triangular piece at the top of the building has "1894". The 1800s...what a long time ago. Before Barbados got its Independence. Back in the plantation days, I guess.

We visited "AnimeSpot", a little store selling anime andmanga and was setup for playing anime games. Quite little. And filled with testosterone. But there wasn't much in there. Not much at all. Independence Square was our third stop. It's quite nice now. Didn't used to be so pretty with a fountain and all. We hung around there taking silly pictures and stuff. I was forced into the picture taking silliness...*sigh*...I prefer to be behind the camera than in front of it though! Ah well...sometimes it's hard to get away =]

Part of Independence Square and beyond...

Yesterday was quite possibly the most fun I've had in Town...ever!

1 comment:

Mario said...

I've never really registered it but u lime alot. I'm not a big town fan either. I go as little as possible. If i need something, that's the only option i have to look for whatever it is anyway -sigh- my small malnurished mind. It makes me so sad.