Thursday, April 8, 2010

One Day Without Shoes

Today was the day to walk barefoot. Could you walk a day without shoes? Many children around the world do it, and not by choice.

Unfortunately, today was not a day in which I could walk barefoot, having to go to the hospital and all. Instead, I'll be virtually barefoot today while I'm not home. How? By blogging about it. Today was the day for the recognition and awareness of unfortunate children around the world who are merely hindered by being shoeless.

April 8th: One Day Without Shoes. This is a challenge sent out by TOMS to people around the globe to be, for as long as possible, shoeless. TOMS shoes has been, not just a shoe company, but a movement to provide children around the world with the shoes they need. Check it out:


Their tagline: "With every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of new shoes to a child in need. One on One."

What have you done to support the cause?

2 comments:

Mario said...

interesting event....i realise i'm living in a shell but what can i do about it? not a thing....due to life's circumstances, this is how my personality has been shaped. -sigh-

Amy said...

You CAN do something about it though. I used to be like that. I don't know much about what happens out in the world but you have to put yourself out there to know, it won't just come to you. So I've been doing what I can to look more into the world instead of focussing on myself and the nothing that I do with my life.

But with that attitude, you'll only be as good as you say you are.