Friday, April 30, 2010

Shanghai World Expo 2010

I quite wish I had the luxury to visit the Shanghai world expo. It would be the most amazing thing ever. But, most unfortunately, I can't.



My CCTV9 channel has been missing recently, replaced by CaribVision, a pointless channel with stuff I care nothing about. It must've returned late last night or this morning because it still wasn't there yesterday. And, I missed the expo's opening ceremony.

I hope I can get another chance to see it. From what I see on the news, it looks like it was superb! Many of my favourite artists and musicians performed and I'm sure everything else was simply wonderful. The Chinese know how to put on excellent shows. Few things capture my attention the way Chinese performances do.

An opportunity to visit the Shanghai expo (and I must say, it certainly won't be for Barbados) would be one of the most amazing things I could ask for. Travel into Shanghai is difficult at this point. I can only imagine what it would be like to visit. My friend in Wuhan will be going this summer...I'm a little envious!

No comments: