Friday, March 12, 2010

Good days...bad days...

Yesterday was a bad day.

Miscommunication within the faculty, misleading information to the students (literally last minute changes, supposedly), a spotter that wasn't a spotter, a test that was set in spotter time, a test that didn't start on time and a worked up, arguing class. These are the things that made up my morning hours yesterday. All that, for one single 20 question test. My medical school is so screwed up it isn't even funny. Why are people printing question papers the very minute that our test is supposed to start? Did this mean that the changes we heard were true? Why are these people never organised? Is my education and testing of my knowledge at all really important here?

We make some noise because we're being screwed over left, right, top, bottom and centre. Then the lab tech wants to come out flustered and half-shouting, "I don't understand these people! They don't understand that we were running around all morning trying to find a working printer!!" Psh. Yeah, sure. One, she's not getting screwed up information, she's just printing stuff. And two, our test papers should have been printed since the day before. There's no excuse for a lack of organisation.

Anyhow, I went to see Alice In Wonderland on Tuesday at the Drive In. It was pretty decent. It wasn't awesome, not that I was expecting it to be. But I sat through it and enjoyed it well enough, quite unlike the original Disney movie. I never could finish it. I just found it so boring...and Alice was annoying me. Though, there was one thing that I liked about the movie: the Cheshire Cat. A bit creepy at first glance but I quite loved his character. I liked him then and I like him now.

No comments: