Friday, March 12, 2010

Sci-Tech Expo 2010

The Science & Technology Exposition takes place every other year where people from around the island showcase their creativity and innovation. Individuals from primary schools, secondary schools, community college, universities, entrepreneurs and other organisations set up and display their inventions, projects and businesses.

This year Sci-Tech was looking rather dull. I've taken part in the expo twice: 2006 and 2008. And I found it rather empty and drab. There wasn't a whole lot of interesting things to look at, save for one or two large booths by primary schools which worked alongside the Soil Conservation Unit to help spread the knowledge that we can prevent erosion and other wastage of soil as individuals by doing little things.

Many booths remained unmanned and some others just had some rather unsociable people looking after them. I had a fairly decent time there with two friends so it was cool. I was quite glad there was no admission fee. Certainly wouldn't have been worth it. I was glad to have run into my old Biology teacher from secondary school too!

Fun fact: Do you know...?

No comments: